Be careful. Be very careful.

I'm sitting here in a cold sweat. Boy, oh boy, have I been lucky.

I bought my Nikon D3 about a year and a half ago and, after an initial 'scoot' through  the manual, I haven't really looked at the little booklet since. But this evening I dug it out to find a specific bit of information.

As I flicked through it I suddenly noticed the 'For Your Safety' warnings, written prominently at the beginning. The third one states:

Using the viewfinder diopter control
When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally.


Sheeeeesh! I didn't read that when I got the camera. Glad I haven't poked my eye out.

2 comments:

Neil said...

HAHA just made me laugh out loud

Alistair Scott said...

Tut tut Neil. You shouldn't be laughing. This is serious stuff. By not reading those instructions I could have poked my eye out. :-)