Frustrating

Sometimes, when I'm photographing 'on the fly', I get that shot that's so close, and yet misses out in some annoying way. Does it ever happen to you?

One sunny afternoon at the end of last summer I was watching agility trials for dogs - the dogs racing against the clock to jump over bars, run through tunnels, across bridges and over see-saws. Using a 300mm lens I managed to capture this beautiful interaction between dog and owner in the heat of the competition ...


I love the way they are clearly communicating with each other.

Unfortunately my eyes didn't communicate so well with my hands and trigger finger. I managed to cut the woman off at her knees, and the dog off at its paws. How much better that would have been if, at the very least, I'd got the whole dog in.

Frustrating.

No comments: